A human body is like a well-oiled machine, where each part has an important role to play. Even though such main organs as the heart, lungs and brains are vital to humans, one would do well not to forget that other parts of the human body are equally as important. They must be maintained in good condition for a human to be able to live to the fullest unencumbered by such inconveniences as movement pain. I am sure everyone will agree that joints are an important part of the body structure we could not do our daily tasks or exercises without. Below you will find several fun facts about joints:
- Joints connect nearby bones
- Hip joint is one of the most active joints in the human body
- Not all of the joints are used for movement, e.g.: skull joints are fixed and immovable
- Joints have certain receptors that react to the changes in atmospheric pressure. This is why some people tend to feel joint pain when the weather changes
- Joints have a special fluid that reduces friction and protects from deterioration.
Scientific research showed that collagen supplements could help to improve joint condition and reduce joint pain. A research was carried out in America in 2006, the results of which revealed that athletes who had taken 10 g of hydrolyzed collagen a day for 24 weeks noticed a significant decrease in joint pain when standing, sitting and moving.